Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Thanks RANDOM and RED

Old 06-11-2001, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks RANDOM and RED

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got my APEXI super AFC hooked up to my accent tonight and it seems to be working great! I really appreciate all the help on my post about the mass air upgrade without your help I would have been flying blind on how to get the bugs worked out of my system!! Thanks again!!!!! Later
Old 06-12-2001, 12:54 AM

Hi Accent1, nice to hear that your SAFC is installed successfully.
Can you show/teach me how to wire up the APEXI SAFC?

Thanks

SockMan
Old 06-12-2001, 08:58 AM

Whats a APEXI SAFC?
Old 06-12-2001, 12:43 PM

An Apex'i S-AFC is a fuel computer that boosts up fuel and air ratios.. and it looks fawking dope on your dash
Old 06-12-2001, 02:26 PM

What is the price of this mod and what exactly is expected after installation. Also, you said random and red helped you out by ironing out all of the bugs. Exactly what bugs did you encounter?
Old 06-12-2001, 02:42 PM

The problem that started it all was I changed my mass air meter to that of a tibby. I encountered an error code in my computer that caused a lean condition RED and RANDOM advised my to purchase the SAFC to iron out this problem. The APEXI unit cost me $310.00 with including shipping from a guy off EBAY I was quated $350.00 from NOPI saved me $40 bucks. I didn't know that the SAFC would correct this problem with the different mass air meters. I haven't got it tuned in yet but without there help I would have been flying blind! I hope to see a great improvement in my ACCENT very soon! I also removed the vents in the middle of my dash and closed them off and flush mounted the APEXI unit where they used to be!! It looks pretty damn good! I hope to finish everything this weekend but the unit is working great! The hardest part was making sure which year computer I had and identifying the correct wires to tap into! Later!!
Old 06-12-2001, 05:03 PM

Hi Accent1,
i suspect u must be using a cone filter thats why you can fit in the bigger MAFS/MAPS(US).

The problem i have now is the wire mapping...
i would like to know which wire to connect to the SAFC, is it a difficult procedure? do i need any special equipment?...
the wiring should be based on the bosch EFI ECU rite??

hope to hear more good news from your accent.
thanks

sockman
Old 06-13-2001, 09:19 AM

hopefully this pic will help out!The harness that comes with the AFC is long enough to reach the computer.The hardest part is figureing which year computer you have and then getting a schematic of the computer so you know which wires to tap into! The rest is common sence and a little automotive background to run the wires. It was tricky but now that I have done it! It's not that bad but you will be intimidated with the whole thing at first! hope this helps!