Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

SRI heat Shields

Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent
Default SRI heat Shields

Since most accent owners (non beta swaps) are running SRI's, do heat shields make a difference around the filter and offer any kind of increase in performance?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

I would assume it will help, but not enough that you would notice it. K&N puts them on their intake systems, and they tend to know what they're doing.

Quick on-topic thread jack: did anyone notice a difference after installing the intake? Power, throttle-response, MPG?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent GL Sport

That's my custom made SRI with custom heat shield. Does it help? oh yes, because the hot air from the engine sucking into the intake will not aid any HP. However, I'm thinking of doing a double layer for mine since it's just sheet metal and it's pretty thin, and I think heat is transferring right through that anyway.

But yes, it does help ^.^ I've ran the engine hot and put my hand near the filter area and the air is nowhere near as hot as it was when i was running it without the heat shield.