Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

New guy here

Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 accent
Default New guy here

I just got a 2003 accent 5sp hatch in trade for my pickup. i fell in love with it as soon as i let of the clutch, lol...

it has 107k on the clock and really only needs a downstream O2 sensor and a ps belt.

now i'm wonder what are some of the things to look at on these cars?

being a diy mechanic any and all info is greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Welcome to HA and the world of Hyundai Krzykidd. A few things to keep an eye on huh? Well your engine is a interference type so make sure your timing belt gets done soon if it hasnt been already. Alot of guys have had issues with grinding when upshifting into second gear and for most Redline mt90 gear oil does the trick but also bad bushings in the shifter cable itself can also contribute as I found out recently. Thats what came to me first but im sure there is more. Also your engine is considered an Alpha and your chasis is called an LC2 (03-05) and most parts that fit the LC (00-02) will fit yours.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Feel free to look around and ask questions if you want info about anything specific.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM

thanks for the welcome and the info. thats a relief on the grinding(was going to be my next question...lol). i noticed when i looked at the motor that the cat is in front of the motor. i had this with my dad's civic where the manifold cracked at the oxygen sensor due to the amount of heat, which has me a bit afraid to pull that heat shield off...lol its gonna be interesting as this is my first interference 4cyl in the 3yrs i've been driving. overall i really like this car.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent

I have a LC2 only 41k on he clock
Old 04-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You should look into doing a beta swap (dropping in a tiburon engine) into it. That seems to be one of the most popular mods for alot of Accent owners. If you love your car now, you'll love it a billion times more with the beta in it.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM

i need to get the car to pass emissions first(in wisconsin it '96+ cars). i went to get a temp plate till i can get a permanent one and the lady at the police station told me i couldn't get one till i got the permanent one. it kind of defeats the purpose of getting the temp plate to get the car fixed...lol