Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

modify the stock intake on an accent ?

Old 08-01-2002, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modify the stock intake on an accent ?

Hey,

Just had a question about my intake. I just got a accent gsi (1.6L). and i was thinking of doing a modification on the stock intake.

If i pull out the air duct/resonator and drop in a K&N panel filter and get some pipe or hose or something and have it lead out the stock airbox opening will i see any gains.

My buddies don't think it'll work, but i figure as long as the piping (or whatever) sucks air from a cooler source (then right beside the engine)and the pipe is fairly straight then it should actually be a cold or "cooler" air intake depending on where the air is coming from.. I was thinking about in front of the battery, or possibly down under the engine bay somewhere.

does this make since or am i being stupid.

any advice will help.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:46 AM
Guy

I tried something similar with my 99 Accent...just for fun...& compaired to my CAI, I noticed little or no gain!

It wasn't much different that the "stock-intake."

That was my experience anyhow...
Old 08-01-2002, 06:01 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

It works ok... almost as good as my cut-up civic intake. It might even work better. I'm tempted to throw my stock intake back on one day for some dyno runs and do a comparison (civic intake vs. stock + k&n + larger pipe from stock airbox vs. bone stock). Shadohh told me of a place that charges $50-60 per hour of dyno time, so I might just check it out. Eventually...
Old 08-01-2002, 11:14 PM

Thanks.. I'll give it a shot