Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

looking to do beta swap for my 07 accent

Old 09-07-2013, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: hyundai accent GS
Default looking to do beta swap for my 07 accent

hi there just thinking of doing a beta swap for my 07 1.6l accent and wondering if the spectra engine will work and if the engine will bolt on to my accent manual trani with no issues. also wondering if the year of the engine makes a big difference when swaping and also if there is a help guide for a beta swap not a how to because that would take the fun out of it

thanks for the help

jninjea
Old 09-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Can't imagine the swap is much different than on an LC. Plenty of info on that all over this site. As for the engine, if you build it yourself there shouldn't be much of an issue with years. My block came from an 08 with the dreaded CVVT head, but using a beta 1 head on mine for several reasons (non of which would be relevant here.) What are your performance goals?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The engine mount issues will be different. I know the Beta swap has been performed on the MC Accent but I'm unsure of the specifics of those swaps. The passenger's side mount is very different from previous Accentsbut when I looked at one I remember thinking that it might be even easier than on an earlier generation.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: hyundai accent GS

to get back to tibi im just looking for a daily driver with some pep im just looking to buy like an old elantra or tib and just do a drag and drop if thats possible either do a beta swap or just put in so kfx headers and a cold air intake or something i dunno im just looking at my options even if i do do the beta swap that would be pretty much it for a while enyways i wouldnt turbo it for a bit just to see the actual difference from the stock alpha to the stock beta

thnks again