Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Jump starting issue

Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Accent
Default Jump starting issue

New to the forum.....

My son left something on in his 2011 Accent and drained the battery. I am trying to jump start it but every time I get my last cable connected the alarm starts going off. I didn't know the alarm was quite that loud. Is there a secret to this procedure?
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Hook up the cables and then reset the alarm. It thinks you are trying to steal it.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

First and foremost, welcome to the forum.

Second, what you are describing is normal. When the alarm gets power it will go off. Get the remote, hook up the battery and when the alarm goes off, press the unlock/disarm button on the remote. You should then be able to jump the car as normal.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

because the battery is flat enuff to disable the alarm (that why it gos off when u supply power)

I'd start the car with the battery being disconnected then put the lugs back on after u jumpstarted. Because the battery will drain on the leads and as it cranks making a under voltage surge on the whole car.