Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Ign Timing - Engine Stinks- Timing marks -Light backfiring

Old 12-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

I wanna get the engine runing perfect before i reinstall the Turbo Stuff.

Also since you own a Tib Turbo. Did your fuel lines take a uprated fuel pump ok ?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM

" And fyi if you are using tuner studio it has a tool to check ignition timing by only outputing exactly whatever you want ie 10 advance then check with the timing marks at the crank using the mark on your plastic cover on the left of the front of the motor just under the AC mount. It should match with your timing light if your setting are correct"

Whats what i been trying to do

I dont have AC. Can u please take a picture of your marks so i can see if im looking at the right thing. Because to line up what i think is the iGN timing means i need at-least -12 on the megasquirt.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Ignition timing is controlled by the electronic control ignition timing system. The ignition timing data for the engine operating conditions are programmed in the memory of the engine control module (ECM).

The engine conditions (speed, load, warm-up condition, etc.) are detected by the various sensors. Based upon these sensor signals and the ignition timing data, signals to interrupt the primary current are sent to the engine control module. The ignition coil is activated, and timing is controlled at the optimum point.

There is no distributor to rotate. I am not the expert on DIS but I am pretty sure when you have the timing wheel lined up properly on the crank and the valve timing set right, the rest is up to the sensors and computer. Unless it is possible to mount the 60-2 timing wheel on the back of the engine in an improper orientation, this is pretty much foolproof IF everything else is working properly.

Test your sensors?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stocker
There is no distributor to rotate. I am not the expert on DIS but I am pretty sure when you have the timing wheel lined up properly on the crank and the valve timing set right, the rest is up to the sensors and computer. Unless it is possible to mount the 60-2 timing wheel on the back of the engine in an improper orientation, this is pretty much foolproof IF everything else is working properly.

Test your sensors?

"There is no distributor to rotate"

I have a aftermarket computer. It will only run what i set it too.

The Ign timing on the rear on the engine only lines up at -10 Degrees. Thats why i cant understand.

The OEM Stock ECU is alreaddy preset. It also as Cam timming ect.

I'll have to take a video and upload it

if my crank angle is off will it cause me to get a fake crank wheel reading on the pully ?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I'm not sure how MS programming works or if the files can be shared, but I am pretty sure someone here will be willing to offer up their settings or whatever, so you can see what the programming is like for a running system.