Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Help with wipers jumping

Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 accent gt beta swapped
Default Help with wipers jumping

Ever since I went through a car wash after getting work done I've been dealing with the wipers jumping across the window.

It don't matter how wet the window is. The wipers on now i just put on 2 weeks ago and that didn't help at all.

I've tried cleaning the window with dish soap, Someone recommended degreaser, neither one worked tried the clay bar. That got dirt off but they still skip. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm using PIAA blades if you are wondering http://www.piaa.com/store/c/28-Wiper-Blades.aspx
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Have you cleaned the blades with alcohol? That should help.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I read somewhere a solution if new blades/cleaning doesn't help, twisting the wiper arms just a bit. Maybe they are not making the proper contact with the glass, causing the skip?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Sounds like they don't like whatever product was in that car wash. I'm not sure how to get wax off, but maybe you could ask the car wash operator. You're probably not the first person to experience this.