Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Does this stuff work?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Accent
Default Does this stuff work?

Anybody ever tried STP fuel system cleaner?

http://www.stp.com/products/fuel-add...ystem-cleaner/
Old 02-18-2012, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I never saw a difference with the STP in the red bottle, not sure if this is any better. I like the chevron fuel system cleaner.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

IMO that stuff is a waste of money. Any "additive" for the oil or gas is a waste IMO.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

^^Not true^^ well for some products it may well be. My work warehouses for Run Rite chemical additives and we are the reps. We get demo product all the time. You will not find this stuff in the stores, it is sold to dealerships, oil lube shops and all the way down to small mom an pop shops. It was developed by Run Rite with product X in the labs of a major gas chain. I am not supposed to mention product x (additive) offered by said gas giant but i think yall can figure it out. This stuff does what is advertised.

I used this stuff on my car 2 weeks ago. You hook it up to your brake booster vacuum line with the supplied adapter and feed it in to said vac line like an IV line while idling the car at about 1500 rpm's. If fed at the proper speed it takes about 15 minutes to use up one can.

My link

Added this to the gas tank before doing the step listed above

My link

After it was all done I went from barely 31mpg to 36mpg and im on my 8th tank of gas since I cleaned out the system, dam I drive alot. Also I had a lil bit of hesitation leaving in first gear in the lower rpm's and that is gone. So if you get the right product then yes it does work.

Pics of the results using multiple products they offer

My link

Im gunna use this on my next oil change, maybe next weekend

My link
Old 02-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had a few bottles of pure techron that was used by their internal engine testing department. I wish I could get some more of it because by just putting a little of it into the gas tank would make the car run noticeably better and idle smoother. This stuff made the exhaust smell way different too while it was in the tank. Every car I put that stuff into ran better until the tank was refilled. Too bad their gas or fuel system cleaner didn't have more of that stuff in there.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent