Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Cat Back Exhaust?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent GL Sport
Default Cat Back Exhaust?

Hey all

Glad to be a part of this community. I use to post at Hyndaiforum.com but man the moderators there are so abusive and they hate accents.

Anyway, I'm looking into a 2 or 2 1/4" catback exhaust upgrade for my 2010 accent. Where can I get one, and if the don't make any, which ones (that are meant for other cars) will fit mine?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

to the site! You'll find alot of friendly people here who are willing to help out.

As far as an exhaust goes, there isnt one available yet to my knowledge. You could always hit up Korean Auto Imports and see if they know of anything available yet. Here's their online store for your car:

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/sto...hp?cPath=31_42

You could also hit up Evo Fusion and see what they have in stock for your car. However, TAKE WARNING...they have had some bad reviews in the past from people who didnt receive bit items like exhausts. So I would contact them first before ordering and make sure they give you a proper shipping time if they can get an exhaust for your car.

http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai/accent.html

The easiest and quickest way however to get a custom exhaust is to buy a universal muffler off ebay or some other online store. Then go to a muffler shop like Monroe, Midas, Goodyear, Firestone, etc. Tell them you want a new exhaust put in, and they can custom bend you 2" or 2.25" exhaust piping, install it with the muffler and you're good to go. It wont be mandrel bent (just crushed bent) but the difference between the 2 for your car will be pretty minimal.

You can find a decent universal muffler for around $50, and the shop will probably only charge between $100-$150 for the piping and install. So for around $200 you'll be rolling with a custom one off exhaust system for your car.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

Hyundai makes them but they're expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hyundai-Accent-P...item20ae0b7693

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hyundai-Accent-P...item20ad9122cb
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I'm with Visionz, get an exhaust from a local shop as long as the price is right. No worries about fitment if it's custom made for your car.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the friendly replies!

So you're saying there will be minimal difference between a crush bent pipe and a mandrel bend?

The reason why I want to get a new exhaust is because i'm hooked on modding my accent. At hyundaiforum.com I had a good thread going about increasing horsepower on the 2010 accent. One guy (zero gravity) really gave some awesome advice on making a custom short ram intake, which is what I did. He also recommended a 2-2 1/4 catback exhaust, which is what I'm aiming to do next.

So far, my 0-60 time is about 11 seconds. I never tested it with the stock air box but man, that thing was slugging and suffocating my engine big time.

so my main questions are:

Will there really be minimal to no difference between the stock crushed bend, and a mandrel bend?

And what type of muffler should I get? I got a great hookup that's local to me. They got some pretty nice universal mufflers. Which one would aid air flow?

And if anyone is curious, here's my custom short ram intake:

Removed stock air box

3" AEM Brute Force Dry Flow Filter

3" Short Ram Intake Piping (designed for a civic I think) Hacksaw modded

3" Femco coupling

3/8" transmission fluid tube to replace the stock ECM tube which wasn't long enough for the new SRI

Aluminum heat shield
Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 AM

Guys, I'm thinking of a performance chip to aid my ECU to take advantage of my SRI and the new exhaust. I know those AIT ones are garbage, but what about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...sQ26Q5ffviQ3d1

It's a soft flash of the VP12 chip.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

^^^ "LOOKS" more complicated than the A typical Ebay Chip, i would like to see a Dyno of the car before and after!