Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Can CIA for Tib be mod for Accent???

Old 02-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can CIA for Tib be mod for Accent???

Does anyone know where I could find a CAI online for an Accent? Got a price from a shop here in SA and my wallet didn't like it! Thanks for the HELP!
Peace...
I found a CIA for Tib...could it be modified to fit an Accent? Any suggestions?

[ February 23, 2002: Message edited by: Guy ]
Old 02-23-2002, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The tibby and accent have much different engine bays. The bends required to get an accent filter down into the fenderwell are much more severe than in the tibby, so the tibby CAI would not work.

When I tried to build one for the accent, due to the engine bay, and where the filter had to go, I was forced to build one out of PCV rather than the flexable exhaust tubing I usually like to use.

3 90 degree elbows and about 3" of plastic PCV and you should be able to build your own. You can also start with 2" PVC and put a 2" to 2.5" or 2" to 3" adapter somewhere along the pipe lenght to increase the diameter to get better air flow around those 90 degree bends.
Old 02-23-2002, 04:05 AM
Guy

smile.gif Thanks for the info...going to HD after work to get the parts...how would I put a bypass valve on & where would I put it?
Thanks again for the help/info!
Old 02-23-2002, 06:58 AM

Im building one for 2k3 Tib. I got 3" pipe with 180degree bend. from JcWitny (sp)
I can five the url if you want. The pipe should be here in like 9 days and give me about 2 weeks to make it (maby 3) and paint it up realy nice. Ill post pics as well.

Hell just make one. But I don't care what people say. PVC is GHETTO. LOL like that weapon r ram air kit compleate with dryer hose.
rolleyes.gif
Old 02-23-2002, 07:34 AM
Guy

tongue.gif Well, after doing some research...I think that on my way home I'll be stop'n by Auto part store & HD...& create my own intake! Wish me luck...any helpful advise is greatly appreciated!!! Peace.....
Old 02-23-2002, 07:55 AM

Kewl.
One tip I got of a site was to paint or have it coated with Ceramic. I have to check the local parts store but I think you can buy a ceramic based paint.

Take pics and post them.
Old 02-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Guy

I got part of the intake done...basicly a ram air.. the filter and part of the PVC work done...and does it sound SWEET! Still need to finish up the CAI pipe. Can't wait to get off of wk tomorrow!