Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Camber Correction

Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default Camber Correction

Hey guys,

I see that alot of you all are running different suspension set ups to include struts/springs or even coilover sleeves. I have run both style of set ups in the past and totally understand the importance of proper caster/camber/toe. Just curious what you guys are doing for camber correction when running say, aftermarket struts/springs. I know that with alot of coil over set ups you get camber plates. Are you guys running camber bolts? Can the car tolerate a 1.5-2" drop with out them?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

I haven't installed my lowering springs yet, but I accidentally ordered twice as many camber bolts as I'll need. If you decide that you want a set of 4 let me know.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Most people either run camber bolts, or adjust within factory specs. I have never had any problem getting back to factory specs with a 2" or less drop on a Hyundai without using camber bolts. The holes where the lower strut mounts are slightly oversized allowing for some adjustment.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I guess the nego camber that you do get with a 2" drop is mild enough not to worry about. Plus it can't hurt the handling, and looks hella kdm tyte as a bonus. Unless you get an obscene amount of camber from your lowering, I wouldn't be worrying too much about it.

I'm watching this thread with interest.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You don't get enough negative camber to matter from that much drop.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

There's a 'slammed' Accord parked near my apartment usually. I'll post a picture. It's an example of camber that SHOULD have been corrected and wasn't.