Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Best way to make tail lights all red

Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Best way to make tail lights all red

How do I go about making my tail lights all red from top to bottom?

Would the lense film I see everywhere online be my best solution? I'm worried that the clear part will be lighter red than the other parts though, so should I double up on the film for the clear parts only? Kind of new to this stuff so advice would be great.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

First, check your local laws about the absence of a true reverse light. Second, clear red colored vinyl would be the best and easiest way to do it. You can cut out a smaller piece to put over the reverse light first, and then cover the entire light to make it darker.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es

I did it with laminx red overlays. It was fine, but the reverse light was pretty useless. I ended up cutting the reverse light out so now just the turn signal is red, and I went with red LED bulbs and a brighter LED reverse light. I really do like it, changes up the look of the car.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Yeah, don't cover the reverse lights. The look isn't worth the trouble it could bring.