Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Accent 2005 1.6

Old 11-16-2014, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai accente 1.6 2005
Default Accent 2005 1.6

Hi i am Ruben i am from angola i started 3 months ago on the national speed championship, i have a 2005 accent 1.6 with a g4ed engine and i wantt to get more performance of it it is a basic engine only modification is spark plugs, air filter and exauste, watt can i do to get more performance from this engine? No turbos are alowd, and watt is the correct cambers for the weels?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The only thing that makes any major improvement is turbo/supercharger/nitrous or an engine swap.

If that's not allowed the next best thing would be a standalone EMS.

If that's not allowed an ECU reflash will help.

Bolt on intake/header/exhaust doesn't do a lot on these cars, but done together you might get an extra 10-15hp.

I have a big bore throttle body and I bored, port matched, and polished my intake manifold. Combined with the I/H/E from above I would guess it added a couple of horsepower.

There is no simple inexpensive way to get high power out of these cars. It's mostly a lot of expense without much return without forced induction.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I would strip as much interior as allowed and go for weight reduction ( light weight wheels, fiberglass/carbon body panels etc.)

If the rules are full interior then your pretty much stuck with I/H/E