Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

95 accent Questions

Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 95 accent
Default 95 accent Questions

Hi guys i'm new i bought a 95 accent yesterday it's boring looking. Just wondering and yes i have looked what exhaust,header,and manifold will fit on this 1.5 motor i can't find anything and can it be turbo'ed? if so what can i buy for it also any way i can put an rpm meter inside the car to test rpm's? any help will be awesome thanks
Old 04-20-2014, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Was I the only one expecting to see 95 actual questions in this thread?

edit- I found headers for a 95 Accent in about 2 seconds using google search.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by pas1216
Was I the only one expecting to see 95 actual questions in this thread?

edit- I found headers for a 95 Accent in about 2 seconds using google search.
I found headers aswell but no catback
Old 04-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Get an aftermarket manifold and go custom from that header back? Turbo, just more than a few have gone turbo. Its an older motor so there is no telling how healthy it is and how much life it would have under boost. If you got full N/a don't expect to much out of it in terms of go fast. If you want it to move quicker and were willing to spend the money on a turbo, drop the 2.0 from the tiburon with its 5spd manual transmission in. Not sure how any of that will help it not look boring, but it would bee fun to drive.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by WytchDctr
Get an aftermarket manifold and go custom from that header back? Turbo, just more than a few have gone turbo. Its an older motor so there is no telling how healthy it is and how much life it would have under boost. If you got full N/a don't expect to much out of it in terms of go fast. If you want it to move quicker and were willing to spend the money on a turbo, drop the 2.0 from the tiburon with its 5spd manual transmission in. Not sure how any of that will help it not look boring, but it would bee fun to drive.
is the 2.0 swap hard on these?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Searching would confirm that is the right version of the accent, but for some it is a relatively easy swap. I think the 95 would be the accent that can plug the tib ECM into the wiring harness that is in the car and the pinout is correct. I know you have to get the right axles from some version of the beta/trans combo to keep them from binding... dont remember what year or trans combo and I dont remember what mounts need to get messed with, but its easier than an LC accents with Beta2s. Tons of info all over the site.