Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

'05 accent in need of coilovers

Old 09-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent GLS Hatchback
Default '05 accent in need of coilovers

My specific question- Can any of you "2000-2004" LC2 accent guys look at my strut pictures below and tell me if they are identical to yours?

I am looking into coilovers but all the manufacturers state that their coilovers are only for 2000-2004 because of potentially a different rear top strut mount.

Thank you so so so so much for anyone who replies. I take very good care of my baby and i'm dying for some coilovers. I'll do a full review of my coilovers and install if everything works out in case any of you are curious.

This link is to some guys LC2 on Car Domain says he used some Celica GT-s coilovers.. ANYONE KNOW? Please and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have put a TON of work into my LC2 and suspension is my next step.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/384540...hback-coupe-2d

Here are some pics of my baby. Seriouly would appreciate the help.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:05 PM

130 view and NO replies???
Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 PM

Perhaps anyone with a '2000-2004 can at least help me with this...

Do your front and rear lower strut mounts look like these?

FRONT

REAR

Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I have an 04 LC2 lowered with B&G springs too, my lower mounts look identical to yours. Why not e-mail K-Sport directly and ask them about fitment of their coil overs on an 05? Could you not just drill out another hole in the top of the strut mount for the rears?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Why would they spend the money to make that change in the LC2?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM

Thank you SOOO much. That helps... Are your rear strut top mounts with 3 studs just like the front???!!! I can post a picture tomorrow so that you can see what I'm talking about..

Seriously guys thank you for the reply I am very anxious to get some ksports & I wanted to make sure they'd fit. I have no idea why most companies say these struts only work for (00-04) because like you said I can't imagine Hyundai spending money to change something like that in the last model year.

I've emailed Ksport with no luck yet. I'm calling them tomorrow.

Once again, you "00-04" people, does your rear top strut mount have 3 triangular studs like the fronts do?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by pas1216
I have an 04 LC2 lowered with B&G springs too, my lower mounts look identical to yours. Why not e-mail K-Sport directly and ask them about fitment of their coil overs on an 05? Could you not just drill out another hole in the top of the strut mount for the rears?
Btw I love your LC2. Very tasteful & nicely done. You have the 06 wheels right? Looks great! I remember lurking this forum years ago seeing yours & appreciating it!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 PM

Ok, here are pics of top of the front and rear strut mounts, my FINAL question for you '2000-2004 guys.. does yours look like this? If so, i'll buy the coils and be on my way! I'll keep you all posted if anyone is interested in coils for our LC2's and reviews and such.

Front top strut mount

Rear top strut mount

Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

OK. I went out to the garage and removed the rear speaker cover and YES, 3 bolts, and they look identical to your pic in the rear. Same goes for the front. I don't see any difference in the 04 and 05 set-up. I say go for it.

Thanks for the comments about my car. It's never been winter driven and has been garage kept since new, that would be why it looks so clean. The 16" tires and rims are now off the car. It was messing up the handling so I went back to 14's. Unfortunately the car sits in my garage more than anything (I have a work truck) and I'm considering getting rid of it soon??? I'm undecided.

Good luck with your car and keep us posted.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 PM

I called a couple of hyundai dealerships and turns out we all do have the same strut setups... i will be pulling the trigger on these ksport coils very soon... i will DEFINITELY keep you all posted and i'll post plenty of pics of the install and such. Gotta love our little LC2's. I just started a great new career and though i have the funds for a new vehicle.. i just wont pull the trigger because my car is so reliable and efficient.. i need to squeeze at least a couple more years out of it... not to mention i have kept it in tip top shape! Man thank you so much for looking at your strut mounts.. it really helps.. i sincerely appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to finally get coilovers for my car!