HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

wipers dont work on delay... help

Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default wipers dont work on delay... help

So when i bought my 01 tib back in 09 the wipers worked on delay and continuous settings but... About 6 months after i bought it they stopped working on delay settings and only work on continuous setting and back in 2010 i put in an aftermarket steering wheel and the delay worked for about a week then hasn't worked since ;( its really annoying especially if its a light mist and i have to flick them on and off manually.

Also if i turn them off they stop where i turn them off at and don't go back to the bottom of the windshield like they should

Having said that is there a fuse, module or wiring problem u can think of that could help me get my delay back to my wipers?

Any info is greatly appreciated
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I'm pretty sure that the RD2 tib will just have a wiper delay module, it looks just like a regular relay. I think it's in the fuse block that you can access by droping off the big cover that sits under the steering wheel. I assume yours is going bad, but you might want to check the continuity of the intermittent position on the wiper stalk itself. Shouldn't be rocket science.

Now as for the wipers not parking flat, I believe that there is a park switch built in to the wiper motor itself. You'd probably have to replace the whole motor as you can't disassemble much of the motor.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Awesome, thank you ill give them a look tomorrow when u have the day off work