Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   HELP Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/)
-   -   weird electrical problem (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/weird-electrical-problem-61544/)

badtib2000 05-03-2011 01:15 PM

weird electrical problem

Ok here is the deal,Been having battery drainage problems for awhile now. I have a aem f/ic,boost guage, and a aem afr wideband, I wired all of these at about the same time....when I turn the key to just on or acc it powers up and my iac starts running, then when I turn the key to off the iac stays running,(Im sure other sensors may be running aswell). but if I start the car then turn it off the iac stops running like its suppose to.I also unhooked my car alarm since it was also draining the battery.(backup batt. went dead after four years)

Any Ideas? bad ground somewhere? I just cant figure out why it stays running. I checked the wiring on the aem fic over and over countless times and are all good..Thanks

RabidPriest 05-07-2011 09:24 AM

what kind of alarm is it. Have you gone through that wiring. My friends alarm and immobilizer were acting up, made his car do some weird things. turns out the installer had no idea what he was doing. I don't know much myself about alarms but I would check that wiring over.

badtib2000 05-09-2011 12:38 PM

I think its the astra 777 model, dont know much if anything about car alarms, I just know it was pulling alot of juice from my battery, so I took the small batt. out and it was dead, and I took out the fuse of the alarm, I could check all my wiring from it, could have a bad ground somewhere or short keeping my sensors running..?

krazytib 05-15-2011 09:15 PM

So your IAC stays running after you pull the key out?

That sounds like like you might have some issues with your ignition wiring or something like your alarm having a short creating a loop from your always hot power over to your only when key is on power allowing power to flow with the ignition off.

badtib2000 05-15-2011 09:35 PM

Yes that is correct. I uninstall the car alarm completely but still does it. Ill check with the aem fic ignition wire I guess..but the weird thing is if I start the car then shut it off everything is good, but when just on, not started, then to off, take the key out its still going..driving me nuts

EDIT** I just undid the harness on the fic and it solved the problem.. may be the ignition wire from the fic.. might try to hook it up to a different power source

badtib2000 05-27-2011 02:15 AM

""UPDATE""

My problem was the piggyback itself. It was the o2 sensors setting in the map.. I had it skewing at 15 psia which is fine but not at 0 rpm. I changed everything to zero on zero rpm. Its kinda weird nobody ever had this problem since I got the maps off of turbosocks section from aem f/ic radu's maps....

TibbyTurbo 05-27-2011 11:08 AM

I have semilar problem but mine comes and goes, got problem with my gauges and radio. I notice it only happens when its cold out when I remove my keys my gauges stays on and with my radio the displays won't show up when the car is on weird.

badtib2000 05-27-2011 11:49 AM

hmm, that is weird. as for the gauges how do you have them powered?grounded? and is it all gauges or some of them(stock,aftermarket)?

So does your radio still work?Is its when just on "on" or with engine running to?

Check your piggyback make sure you dont have somewhat the same problem I had..

badtib2000 06-03-2011 09:35 AM

still having same problems, but it wont do it when my laptop is hooked up to the fic. I have another dead battery and its not keeping charged. its my third batt. and these things are expensive. I just dont know what to look for anymore.

alice6 06-23-2011 03:46 PM

I have this same problem. I don't have my FIC map with me but i'm pretty sure its set to percent and all zeros (no turbo right now for emissions). it's not really a big issue for me since i'm not even using the IAC but it does it with the fans sometimes too. if i start the car then shut it off everything shuts off like it should. i might try using the bypass harness to see if it is related to the FIC.