HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

V6 N/A Tuning Help Needed

Old 06-08-2002, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 N/A Tuning Help Needed

After pretty well beating to death the possibilities of forced induction on the Delta V6, for now it looks like N/A is the only way to go.

I need your guys help in deciding what I need in addition to the list I provided below as well as 'best products to use' for the application I guses thats the major problems I am having.

I haven't really set the limit as to what I want to spend on performance parts yet, since a company up here in Canada (SpeedState) wants me to try their parts and SR parts on my car for later sales to us Canadians.

Basically the project on a whole has been divided up over the course of 3 years where I am looking at performance being within this year till Dec '02, external appearance and suspension (except lowering which will be done this year)till Dec '03 and internal appearance till Dec '04, enjoyment till May '06 and possibly beyond.

So between now and December I got to look at the engine/intake/performance section.

The parts I am hoping to use is as follows:

AOS CAI
MHRP Exhaust
Headers
Intake Manifold and Big Bore Throttle Body - suggestions to proper boring size?
Cams - upon release from the respected companies within Hyundai performance parts
Injectors - suggestions to size? leave stock? anything to add in this sense?
UO pulleys - granted they do not disable anything
ignition - if needed? suggestions?

So obviously these are all bolt ons, for now, I am not too sure about boring out the block and port and polishing quite yet, if the money is still there then I will consider. Am I missing any other possibilities?

To control all this I am obviously looking for a AFC, and well I guess the most popular for the Beta 2.0L is the S-AFC. No doubt I can use the same application on my Delta 2.7L. What I want is to be able to have 3 stored programs.
1) Track/Performance - max power with all parts
2) Road Use - fuel economy (larger injectors more gas)
3) Emmissions - 3 years from now I gotta get emmissions done, I wouldn't mind passing so maybe tune it to an emmissions tester.

I would extremely appreciate more input, most of the info I gathered through the search tool but well major discussions have been about the Beta 2.0L and though there aren't a lot of people out there tuning the Delta 2.7L (yet) I was hoping some of the options would be great for the 2.7L that people are doing on the 2.0L and would be a great help when people start looking at their 2.7L in the future.

Thanx again
Old 06-08-2002, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Great planning there man! Gonna ma e budgeting easier and take a lot of strain off the wallet if you know what I mean.

All the parts you listed are great for starting out, but are all bolt-ons. Look at some internal parts as well, such as an aftermarket crankshaft, de-stroker kit(allows for higher redline)forged hi-comp(plateu-style)pistons, lightened and balanced con-rods and better sleeves, rings and head gasket, as well as a stud kit to keep things more reliable. Up top you could look at Extrudehoning the ports after going for a valve and seat overbore, better valve guides and valvetrain to go along with the cams, and top it all off with an intake and exhaust port-match to the gaskets. Don't forget the clutch work and a lighter flywheel.

Should give you the punch you're looking for when combined with the other parts you listed, only remember that with the de-stroker kit and the other fuel and air modification you're gonna have to get a wide-band 02sensor just in case the SAFC needs a little more input under duress.

Hope this halps... smile.gif