HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Trans Noise

Old 03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Trans Noise

I am getting a pulsing chirp (high pitched) when I have zero pressure on the clutch pedal.. any pressure at all and it shuts up. I can hear it as the car is moving forward in gear and it changes depending on rpm. I am thinking input bearing noise. I have to having something nearby to bounce the sound back at me to hear this unless I stick my head under the hood. Not happy about this at all. Its got 18k, yes I know warranty, but wanted to make sure that those symptoms could not be the TOB before I head to the dealer. What really sucks is the one right around the corner from my house are a bunch of #@$INtards that I got into a fight with over them putting 2 quarts to much oil when I took it in for its first change and so I could see what type of dealer they were...... great!

Cliffs: High Pitch Pulse Chirp Noise

Noise: Pedal up / Clutch Engaged

No Noise: Any pressure on the pedal / Clutch Disengaging or disengaged.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Sounds like Thrust bearing is vibrating or damaged.

Mind you, are you over hearing it ? or is it very loud..

Cause my hyundai does the same and iv always ignored it,

guess when there no presser on the bearing it shakes on the forks then when u press the pedal it tightens up = no noise.

i could record it but.. there no engine in it atm. lol
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

BOOM another hyundai clutch bearing going to hell! man they make those things cheap as hell. i've replaced mine 3x and its already starting to chirp at me again. i stopped caring.

just out of curiosity what car is this in? if its a newer car i might second guess buying a newer hyundai one day. i figured they would have fixed this crap by now.