HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

TPS blues

Old 02-27-2003, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 elantra
Default TPS blues

I started having the acceleration problems that were all to common so I replaced the TPS. Well a month after that, the problem returned. Its not as bad as the first time but its still there. Right now I don't care about it, but I will when I put my turbo kit in. Should I just keeping popping them in like they were going out of style, or look else where?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:32 PM

Ok, the problem you're having, does it follow these symptoms?

1. Rough idle?

2. After you let off the gas pedal while in motion, the car gives a little jerk after a few seconds?
Old 02-27-2003, 07:12 PM

The problem I'm having is when stomping on the gas, so to speak, the car hesitates with a jerky motion. Its only when I start to accelerate hard, other wise its fine.

: My idle does go up and down about 100 RPM but I think thats just due to bad intake flow.

[ February 28, 2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: MadElantra ]
Old 02-28-2003, 01:24 AM

MadElantra./.i have a tiburon which is auto and i had the SAME EXACT problem. it kinda is like when you stomp on the gas it hesitates for a split second..well i fcahnged my tps and the problem went away for a while. then i changed my plugs..and haven't had the problem in 2 months
Old 03-11-2003, 11:54 AM

I replaced my TPS again but it got worse. I'm thinking its my bad custom intake setup. I'll just suffer till I get my turbo kit. frown