HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

strange noise coming from rear

Old 10-03-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default strange noise coming from rear

Occasionally this really loud annoying screeching noise comes on from the passenger rear of the Tiburon while driving, right after accelerating. It sounds electronic because it stays on for about 15-20 seconds and shuts off. I don't know what it could be. It can't be the brakes because they're fine and everything is normal even with the noise. It's never happened before.

Experiences, suggestions?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

a friend of mine had this problem once it was a cyborg mocking bird that had pearched it's nest between the coil and strut-... the screeching is most likely a war cry-... or mating call depending on the pitch of the cry and the season. he had to obtain a warewolf made from t1000 to hunt it down-...

check to see if all of the thin metal clips are in place on the calipers-... they can cause noise if they are loose
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

a friend of mine had this problem once it was a cyborg mocking bird that had pearched it's nest between the coil and strut-... the screeching is most likely a war cry-... or mating call depending on the pitch of the cry and the season. he had to obtain a warewolf made from t1000 to hunt it down-...

HAHAHA!!!

That's EXACTLY how it sounds!!! That is absolutely hilarious the way you described it. I couldn't describe it any better. I thought I was nesting the mythological "Snallygaster" dragon of the Blue Ridge mountains. I will check that and report back over the weekend.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i can't think of any electronics back there that would cause any noise-...

i still think it could be the little clips in the caliper-... there is one on either end of the brake pads (they kinda make a U-... they span from the inner pad to the outer pad) and there is another that sits over both pads and the rotor (in the main section of the caliper)-... i hope you know what i'm talking about.

good luck!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Man, read the title of this in the post list, and all I could think was "strange noise coming from rear, isn't that a fart??"