HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

s-afc air flow % question

Old 11-14-2002, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s-afc air flow % question

ok, so i have the s-afc installed. i had it display the air flow %. at wot, it only displayed approx 45-50%. does this mean that with my current bolt-ons, i'm only using 50% of the airflow that my MAF will sense? or that there is something wrong? i'm directing this towards random, red, shadohh, jaws. basically, i can't take in anymore air the way my car is now. furthermore, my MAF can sense twice the airflow that i can currently intake, so i'm only registering 50% (i said that for the layman). conesquently and theoretically, if i had a turbo, and let's say i could double my intake air volume, then the s-afc would read 100% for the airflow %? i think i stated my question clearly enough. let me know if anyone needs more explication.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:20 PM

Well, your wont suck in the full amount of air the MAFS can read, at WOT in 1-2-3.

You see it higher, Say you are in frouth going 5k-6krpms at WOT. You will see more air flow.

You engine just is not sucking in all the air possible. I think I read 64%-75% in frouth at WOT.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Yes, it is telling you are only reading 50% of the MAF's capacity.

You really need forced induction to max out the maf.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:33 PM

I have one in my 97excel(accent)and ive always thought it was just that the settings werent really for my car and read incorrectly since its only a display which doesnt effect the output. Sort of good to know that there is that much tuning left in the sensor.