HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Red, Random... anyone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red, Random... anyone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

K... heres the deal. I have bout 61K miles on my car and this morn i took it to pepboys to have them put in a new clutch (i was kinda rough on the old one) that i got off of ebay. i got home from work and they left a message for me to call them as soon as possible. I called them and they said that they got the clutch in all fine but my "output shaft" was bent and it was like that when they found it.

They asked if my car was still under warrenty, i said yes, so they told me to call up the hyundai dealership (closest one is an hour in either direction) and tell them that they could ship them the transmission or do the warrenty work themselves.

I call the hyundai dealership and the first guy wasnt sure what to do and handed me off to another guy that said they needed the whole car put togeather at a hyundai dealership for it to be covered under warrenty. and he never heard of this happening b4 and said if they "find pry marks on the case" that it wouldnt b covered by warrenty... implying that pepboys bent the output shaft.

so i call pepboys back and the guy i talked to earlyer left so i talked to another guy that said that there was one guy there that thought it was bent so his (the guy i was talkin to) uncle that owns a transmission shop was ganna look at the "output shaft" and see if it is bent. If it is then they were ganna put it back togeather and send me on my way to hyundai... and if not put it back togeather and call it a done deal.

Now.... for starters what is an OUTPUT SHAFT?
i talked to one of my friends at work that is a little more mechanically inclined than myself and his freind said that it is almost impossible to bend due to being solid steel.
AND what case is the dealership talking about???

to me it sounds like pepboys FUKT it up and "Hectors uncle" is ganna try to fix it.

Please adivse me in anyway possible. since im not fimiliar with what an output shaft is i dont know what to beileve and i cant tell what is bullsh*t and what isnt.

it drove fine with the exception of the clutch when i took it in. what would a bent output shaft cause to happen??? symptoms ect???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
THANKS a BUNCH
clownboy
Old 01-18-2003, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

moving to HELP fourm.