HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Random 911!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2001, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random 911!!!!!!

Hey Random!!!
When i got my new pump installed yesterday i noticed today when i filled up gas that my gas gauge is not working its at E.
Later on in the night i drove my car and noticed the needle go half way then to F.
There must be a loose conection somewhere

Secondly,i noticed my accelerator pedal sticks and the car jerks.When im in first in sticks within gear changing.I used WD40 on the TB ring and also underneath the gas pedal where the ring is and still sticks.
Any idea on both problems?????? eek.gif eek.gif
Old 09-30-2001, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Check the wire connections for the fuel level float, you may have bumped/bent them while installing the new fuel pump. (which one did you go with, where did you get it? How much $$)

Lube the Throttle cable itself. Go to your autoparts store and buy "cable lube", if you cannot find that, use "silocone spray" lube. See if that helps.

Is it the TB sticking open, or the cable/pedal sticking. If you play with the TB in the engine...does it still stick?
Old 10-01-2001, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random!!
I went to the dealer today to rectify my problem and it got worse(news)
They took off my fuel tank and took out the whole unit where the fuel pump goes.
Anyways he manually tested the wires and the gauge works(up and down)
Then he tried testing it will the floater and didnt move at all.Only when he moves the floater half way it goes up,then when he puts the floater to the top it drops down to E.
The whole unit is fried and need to replace it will anew one.
I was so pissed that the Venon fuel pump caused it to short as well as blowing the Fuel pump.I called Venom in California and explained the situation and wanted to get reinbursted for the parts and Toeing of my veicle.They said i had to send them the blowm parts as well as the reicepts for them to investigate.
So we will see what happens!!!!!
Old 10-01-2001, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Well...that answers the question as to WHICH fuel pump you bought. Venom is a reputable company, they should remburse you for the $$, it just may take awhile.