HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Power window = no power?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon GT
Default Power window = no power?

okay so i recently took my VCs, IMs, fuel rails, intake and TB off for most to get painted. replaced intake with AEM one and then put everything back together. when i did i realized that my passenger window wouldnt move at all. today i replaced the motor and still nothing. i "jump started" the old motor and it works just fine. tested the pins on the plug for the switch [the one attached to the door not the one on the switch] and the only one getting power is the one that makes the switch light up.

so in other words the passenger window motor is not getting power thru the wire. can anyone shed some light on this for me? i tried looking up the schematics on HMASERVICE but nothing loads for me for some reason. any help on this subject would be very greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time

Chris
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

My guess would be a relay or faulty ground. I don't know about the GK's but on the RD's there is a relay under the steering wheel that controls the windows. Fuses is where I would start. If it is electrical always start there.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon GT

nope fuse was the first thing i checked but since the driver window worked i knew it wasnt that

yep so apparently my window lock button got stuck halfway but that was enough to not allow it to move at all. lol. i even checked that 5 times before i changed the motor. i feel dumb now
Old 03-19-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Usually the master switch on the drivers door also feeds the rest of the switches.