HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Possible Powers gains with...

Old 11-19-2002, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Powers gains with...

I'm getting a new Elantra...
If I were to get the Big Bore Throttle Body, and SR CAI; which of the 3 availabe headers on Sharkracing will produce the best low-end power for acceleration {ideally}?
Is it my understanding that if the BBTB is installed it is advised that I bore out the IM so that the diameters match and I don't create any poor airflow conditions. I guess what I want to know is what parts are available for the BETA II that keep N/A and will produce better acceleration and better low-end power...
Direct links would be appreciated.

Also, does any body have any experience with the 'universal exhaust' on the SR site? How is the quality and are there any dyno charts available to show what gains were achieved? Secondly, is it a quiet system?
Old 11-20-2002, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-1 headers give you top end, 4-2-1 give you a broader range of power. i've heard that hve's are better than sr's. i don't have any first-hand experience to give you a recommendation on.