HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

overdrive re-wire problem

Old 01-23-2003, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overdrive re-wire problem

Ok i bought a automatic shift knob and it works great even tho somtimes i cant take my key out without putting the car back in gear then going back to park again....Anyhoo the problem is i rewired the overdrive to a switch i bought from a part store it works and all puts my car in overdrive and takes it out fine

But..The way it used to work is when the car is normal i the light on the dash is off, when the the car goes from normal to High Reving the light on the dash comes on.

But now with my new switch its the opposite when the car is normal the light is always on and when i switch it to high reving the light goes off.

Any ideas on how to switch my switch around ? wink
Old 01-24-2003, 04:19 AM

Hmm.. I did the same thing you did, but I didnt have any problems at all. I used the factory OD switch though, i installed it in the little change holder thingy. If you want a pic, email me and ask for it. But the only thing i can think is that ur switch has something to do with it.. If you still have the factory switch.. try connecting that and see if ur problem goes away. Email me if u need any pics or help.
Peace
Old 01-25-2003, 03:06 AM

are there only two wires for the od switch? (i can't get on hma now, that's why i'm asking). if there are, then it's the switch. there's not too much to mess up with just a simple switch and two wires. tongue.gif

::edit::
ok, i finally got on hma. from what i saw, there should be three leads on the o/d switch. buy a circuit tester from autozone for $2.99 and test the leads to see which wires are which. then make sure you have them hooked up correctly.

http://www.hmaservice.com/xml/graphics/b6/b6at017b.gif

[ January 25, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]