HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Oil Leak - 03 Elantra

Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Default Oil Leak - 03 Elantra

Hello everyone,

After getting some repair work done on my Elantra, I've had an oil leak. From what I can see is that it's leaking from the back ( as you look from the fron of the car) of the engine. I think it might be the head gasket, but I don't have any antifreeze in my oil, or the other way around. It's not leaking from my valve cover, but somewhere below, I just can't stick my head down far enough to see exactly where. Anyone know what gasket it could be? bowdown.gif

I really need to buy a repair manual for my car.....
Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lets see off the top of my head

it could be

valve cover, a/c compressor, oil pan, crack in the block, freeze plug, head gasket

lots actually
Old 05-04-2010, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ May 4 2010, 11:13 AM)
lets see off the top of my head

it could be

valve cover, a/c compressor, oil pan, crack in the block, freeze plug, head gasket

lots actually

I was worried about that, but I know it isn't the block. I had some valve work done and they checked for cracks before putting it back together. That's also when the problem started.... I would guess those asses at Midas put it together wrong. It's the first and last time I went or will ever go there for anything. I guess I was leaning towards a gasket because it never leaked until I had new valves put in.... long story.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Sign up at HMA services. You can find out anything you want about repairing your ride. Good luck man!