HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

OBX Shifter Slop

Old 12-15-2002, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBX Shifter Slop

I remember, when sharkracing forms were public, reading a thread about the OBX shifter having slop due to some little white bushing at the bottom of the shifter. some people said that (i think)they were able to get replacement bushing from B&M? if so....who...what department please e-mail me # jsheyn@cox.net

or if some one has extra i would love to buy it off of ya...

let me know if i am correct please
Old 12-15-2002, 11:19 AM

yeah, mine's sloppy, too, but i don't think it's any of the bushings. i think it's the return spring. any help would be appreciated. smile.gif
Old 12-15-2002, 02:02 PM
arn

if it feels sloppy, try reversing the springs. mine felt the same way until I played withthe springs.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:57 AM

i don't think it's the sprin on mine......i defently remember even some guy making his own teflon bushing.....i just can't seem to find the post
Old 12-19-2002, 12:00 PM

could some please take a look on the old Shark racing forums....i remeber there were pics and everything......i think it was an OBX short shifter howto install type of thread.

PLEASE!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 01:11 PM

THIS IS THE OLD SR FORUMS wink

I tried searching for it too, but can't seem to find it.
Maybe Random knows
Old 12-23-2002, 05:36 PM

The guy who made the bushing was me and it work's great, I sent one to somebody but can't remember who and he said it worked good for him to. If you look at the bottom of your stock shifter where the bushing for left to right movement is you will notice that it is squared off so the stock bushing cannot rotate. The OBX has a round ball on the bottom and it slops around in the stock bushing cause it is notched, if you look down there and move the shifter around you will see what i'm talking about. The b&m bushing will not work since they use a differant sized ball on the bottom than the OBX.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:21 AM

you don't happen to have all those pics and maybe the url to the howto?

I will yank it apart tomm assuming it's not snowing....THANX
Old 12-31-2002, 09:52 AM

OK well just as an expierament i put a wrap of duct tape around the nub and put the teflon piece back over it. took about 80% of the slop out.

I will be making a new nub to resemble the stock one..thanx
Old 01-02-2003, 11:24 AM

yeah, upon further inspection, i saw that it was the bushing down there that was creating the slop. acutally, when i put the obx ss in, i didn't put the stock bushing on, so i have wicked slop. i thought about the duct tape thing. where are you guys getting the teflon to play with this?