HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Need help with catback exhaust system

Old 03-14-2002, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with catback exhaust system

Ok...here's the deal. I have the SR 4-1 header, car sound high flow cat, and speedstate catback exhaust system. My car is a 2001. I went to put the whole exhaust system on yesterday, and ran into a problem. I am missing about 6 inches of piping. Has anyone else got this set up? If so, how did you install it? Please e-mail or reply to this a.s.a.p. and due to the fact that I am still new to engines, will you please explain in detail. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-15-2002, 12:35 PM

maybe the 6" you are missing is the 6" or resinator? id suggest you just go and grab a piece or pipe and weld your 6" on. use a mig welder though. youll get the right amount of penetration, without worrying about burning through the metal. arc welding pipe is a pain, doesnt looks as well, and im willing to argue that IMHO it doesnt do as good as a weld as a MIG welder.
Old 03-15-2002, 12:38 PM

Just put the new pipe and it should be fine. Your Cat-back exhaust from speedstate is made for stock application so it will have some fitting problem with header.