HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

my car still hiccups,PLEASE HELP!!!!(got it fixed)Thanks

Old 02-15-2003, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car still hiccups,PLEASE HELP!!!!(got it fixed)Thanks

OK ,now I have looked the form over and did about all I could do to it to fix it so any help would be great.I have put a coil pack,spark plugs and the wires whent bad about a year and a half a go.It does the same thing everyone else does,I let off the clutch to take off a little fast and it stutters and spits and boom thin I go and then if I down shift in to second and take off at low rpms it does the same thing and I noticed that last night that if I was in 5 gear and stabed on it,it jurked and then whent,so please some one help me!!!!

[ February 17, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Tibby Pimpin ]
Old 02-15-2003, 11:03 PM

Could you try and explain your problem again? I really have no clue what you are saying is wrong with your car.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:03 AM

OK say I am sitting at the stop light and I take off,I let off of the clutch and and I give it lets say around 2000 to 3000 RPM it kinda jurks and sputters and then takes off like a miss fire or something and is fine till I change gears and it does it in second if I dont baby it and give it little gas,I think the next thing to to is buy new spark plugs wires cuz it was like a year and a half when the last ones whent bad.Like I sad I have changed the fuel filter,coil pack,spark plugs,so I guess it is the the wires next in line,I have even tried the water in the gas tank stuff and it did not help,it sucks cuz I just got my OBX cat back on and cant use it yet,OH I have nitrous on it to,would that have any thing to do with it,I have only run like a bottle and a half,due to it getting cold and I have no bottle wormer.I hope that helps cuz in like a month I am going to panamal for spring break.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Just wondering, since it always happens when you shift, are you SURE it is the engine, and not the clutch/drivetrain related?

Can you reproduce it without shifting? (By lifting your foot off the accelerator and putting it back down)
Old 02-16-2003, 09:56 AM

it is not the clutch,the reason I say that is cuz when I put my new coil pack on and I was under the hood,I used the TB and gave it gas and to my dissapointment it still had the stutter in the engine.like a year and a half ago I had to replace the spark plug wires,cuz one of them was arking inside where the boot ataches to the plug,it looked like a crack in it and I could see a blue spark so I new then what was the problem,and this time I could see inbetween the two coil packs and I could see them arking to the block so I thought that,that was the problem,but it was not,but I think that I need it anyway.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:19 AM

Random, what Tibby Pimpin is describing is almost identical to what was happening to me.
It can sometimes be reproduced by having it in second gear and rolling at about 10-20mph with your foot off the gas. Then press it down bought halfway or more. It'll start to pick up then suddenly take a nose dive like someone got on the brake for a second then back on the gas.
Still haven't found the problem. Waiting till it gets warmer to till I do anything else.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

I don't know... Maybe the ECU?
Old 02-17-2003, 02:30 AM

I would do a compression test.

When you replaced your wires? did you replace them with new stock ones?

If you are accelerating and it stumbles. I would think that sounds like a fuel cut.

Do you revs shoot up when it stumbles? If thats the case you could have a badly scorched flywheel. And the clutch is unable to grip it properly.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If it happens in neutural...then it's got to be spark or fuel.

You've pretty much ruled out fuel, and the only thing left in the spark department is plug wires.

Shadohh recently got rid of some of his problems with a set of Magnacore plug wires.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:55 AM

I had stockys.

I had OEM replacements called WELLS

I tried ACCEL universal wires 7mm

Then I got the magnecors and all my problems went away.

I got them off hp store. Got them in 3 days.
$98 shipped
I picked $5 ground ups.