HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

I NEED MORE HP AND TORQUE.......HELP

Old 10-23-2001, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem, D! Glad I could help a little.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:12 AM

Red - That's why when you send them your ECU to be reprogrammed, you tell them more mods then you have done, that way you have room to upgrade without having to get your ECU Reprogrammed about 15 times...my buddy did this with his eclipse. umm he has a lot of mods, and he is still slow. Im starting to think that not going turbo is pointless..
Old 10-24-2001, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

It's not that not going turbo is pointless, it is just harder to make "all motor" HP that it is to make turbo HP. If your goal is 250 HP to the wheels...then N/A is not going to get you there. The best N/A Tiburons in korea only put down about 170 to 190 to the wheels.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:55 AM
Red

Originally posted by Hondas Suck:
Red - That's why when you send them your ECU to be reprogrammed, you tell them more mods then you have done, that way you have room to upgrade without having to get your ECU Reprogrammed about 15 times...

Hello? Are you serious? "Yeah man, I've got crazy cams, headwork, blah blah blah hook me up" and they send you an ECU that dumps fuel by the truckload... Meantime, you in your nearly-stock Tiburon with intake and cat-back are going SLOWER than you were before because your ECU is "tuned" for something you don't have.

Hello?

And besides, how does someone 8,000 miles away in Canberra or Perth NSW know exactly how much extra fuel and timing your "big bad bore beastly throttle body and madd powah incorporated intake manifold" really need? They don't know! Thus, they are only guessing anyway -- guessing from 8,000 miles away where they can neither see nor touch what they're actually tuning.

How good would YOU be at guessing how much power was added by a set of "mild" cams, in a car that's on the other side of the planet? Using gas which you don't know the octane? Not knowing how many miles are already on it? Not knowing what altitude they may live at? How could you possibly BEGIN to TRY to guess?

You cannot. They cannot. This is 100% the reason why ECU swaps suck ass on basically any N/A non-VW or non-V8 motor on the planet. Why do VW's get such good ECU's? To tell you the truth, I really don't know, but there is no other N/A 4-banger on the planet that I know of that gets the same amount of power from a chip like a VW does.

-Red-
Old 10-24-2001, 02:14 AM

I understand that, the point i was making was, i dont care what kind of mods you have on a N/A....you pull up to the line with a turbo charged something, your getting pulled, unless you have extreme horsepower.. then even with that, the turbocharged ride, can make little mods that can make it ultimately faster, i.e. boost control...
Old 10-24-2001, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by Red:
Red's Smackdown Rant

Damn...