HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Help Me Please

Old 09-24-2001, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Please

I have a 99 tiburon but its an automatic. I want something quicker but my car is paid for and i dont want a payment.
If i was to put a turbo or super charger in my car would i be quick enough to run with quick 5 spds?
And can u get a supercharger and turbo both?
Please help me on getting faster. Can i work with my automatic or should i get a stick. Any help would be a appreciated... Thanks
Old 09-24-2001, 02:18 PM

TJ, either one will work. You would be faster than the naturally aspirated Tibs with no problem. You should get about 45hp to the wheels. That is very hard to do without forced induction or nitrous. About running super and turbo, you might be able to do it but it would be a total nightmare to tune and install. You would have to fabricate almost all of your parts.
A little tip for you, autos with turbos are faster than sticks with turbo. Although for this to be true on your autotragic it would need some work.
I'm sure Random will reply shortly and he will give you more info. (I am a 2 finger typer = slow and tedious).
Old 09-24-2001, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you want Cheap HP. Nitrous will give you another 40-50 HP and is "autotragic" friendly. Expect to spend between $600 and $1200 installed.

A turbo or supercharger will work, and add 45 to 100 HP, but plan on investing $3000 to $6000 to get it installed/running right.

Your call as to how much you want to spend.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:23 AM

What will make my automatic tiburon go the fastest.... Turbo? Supercharger? Or Nitros?
And what is the safest for my car?
Old 09-25-2001, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

You can be fast and safe, but not cheap.
You can be cheap and fast, but not safe.
You can be safe and cheap, but not fast.

Make up your mind. Do you want to invest money in making your car FAST, or would you settle for less speed, safely, and for less money?

The figures I used above for Nitrous and Turbo are fairly accurate, and include install and tuning, plus taxes, shipping and sundry accessories. HP figures are listed there as well.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:02 AM

I want to be fast at any cost. I have money i just want to be sure i dont ruin my car doing all this to it. I want go as fast as i can with out ruining my car. How do i do that? and where can i buy a turbo and nitros for my car? i also dont know what i need.
i want a turbo so what all do i have to have so i have it all to be put in my car? and i want nitros so what do i need to get to have everything? and what are the most reliable brands to get?
Old 09-25-2001, 09:22 AM

You need to remember that when you mess with forced induction and NOS then you have a chance of messing things up.

Random has had to put a lot of time into trying to get his Tibby running right. Bradley's Elantra has been about the same. Those two have Turbo (Random) and Supercharger (Bradley). Now I don't know how well NOS works but one of my friends that used NOS often, had to get his '94 Camaro's engine rebuilt after having it for 6 years.

If you want reliability then only go with mild modifications.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

You can run Wild ammounts of Nitrous, if you upgrade the engine and drivetrain accordingly and use the Nitrous properly.

You can run WILD amounts of boost (Supercharged or Turbo) if you upgrade the engine/drivetrain accordingly and maintain your engine properly.

How much money do you want to spend? That really decides how fast you can go. Also, I suggest you READ on the subject of Nitrous, and Turbocharging. That will give you and idea of the mechanics involved and the cost/benefit/maintenance/damage issues.

Do a search on 'books' and you should find my old post on the subject with reccomended reading.
Old 09-25-2001, 09:36 AM

Ordered those books this weekend! They shipped today, and should be in my li'l mitts by Friday! Can't wait to be as smart as Random!

::gloat::gloat::gloat::gloat::
Old 09-25-2001, 09:45 AM

Go luck Iago. *grin*

Just curious how does that idea about a auto turbo being faster then a manual turbo?