HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Hard start after re-fueling

Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Hard start after re-fueling

I've noticed in the past few months that I'm getting a hard start after I fuel up. I will usually have to crank for 5-10 seconds and sometimes need to tap the accelerator in order for it to catch. I'm thinking that the issue may have something to do with the fact that the engine is hot and shut off for just a few minutes. It might also be a low battery, but I don't think that's the case because I don't seem to have any other power related issues.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has issues like this and what they have done to correct it.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Hmmm

20 seconds on google says that it's probably your evaporative canister's purge valve.

Failing that, check your fuel pump and coolant temp sensor too.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

the positive(+) post on the cars battery may be in need of a cleaning with a metal brush for better electrical contact

this may not effect the cars preformance but can hinder the way it starts up when left go for a long time
Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Banned

Vehicle: Spam-mobile

better you consult any technician he can sort out the issue
Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^^worst advice in this thread

if we ran to a tech with every issue, we wouldnt have a need for this forum although i think you are a spam troll and just posted that in hopes we would click on your sig line

anywho,

get the battery tested anyways, the battery doesnt really run anything once the car is on thats what the alternator is for.

if its ONLY when you fill up, im inclined to agree with the wheels though. our purge valves are pretty damn sensitive and its not like they are expensive, id replace one just cuz at this point if youre having any issues related to it, the one in your car is 12 years old if you think of it, that is, unless you replaced it.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Agreed, thanks for nothing. You sign up on a forum claiming to be looking for advise and immediately start posting "Just go to a service station"

Faith, I figured wheels had the right idea when he posted that, and no mine has never been replaced (as far as I know). I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Will get battery tested for the fun of it, it is 6 years old...
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i bet u messed with the cars fuel system before and now u broke it

i would check the parts u messed with before and make sure there in the correct place and didnt move or change