HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Glow Gauges

Old 01-06-2003, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Gauges

Well I’ve had my gauges on for about 2 years now I think. Now, it seems that the glow goes off sometimes and then comes back on. Is there a fuse I should be checking or something? I'm afraid they might go out for good. What do I do buy new gauges? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:22 PM

no one can help me out
Old 01-07-2003, 10:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

2K, normally I stick my head in whenever someone doesn't get answered, but I really don't have an answer. A few suggestions...

A. It'd be helpfull if we knew what guage faces you are talking about. APC, some no name brand off of Ebay, ect...

B. Were there any problems on install?

C. Do they go out or flicker over bumps or such?

My personal opinion is that the guages are rather cheap, ebay for $29 or so if you snipe em, get a new set.

Or get some nice new faces.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:43 PM

The Thingy (yeah technical term) that controls the glow, I'm guessing you have the ones that go from green to blue and 3 shades in between.

Well that Thingy is going bad, and you're right it will die completely soon. Call back to the place where you got it and see how much one of those things are.

Sorry, the correct term slips my mind now, but that is the problem
Old 01-08-2003, 10:20 PM

REDZMAN, Yeah they are the APC ones...I got them from MHPtunning a while back ago 2 years if I’m not mistaken when they first came out. There were no problems in the install that I could think of. They just go out and on whenever doesn't matter if its over bumps.

So, KayJai your telling me that the black box there (don't know the term either) that controls the changing of colors on the gauges is going bad and that I will need a new one. Where should I go about asking for one of these? Or should I just get some other gauges? Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help guys.