HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

eibach springs ?

Old 04-19-2003, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach springs ?

i just installed they eibach springs on my 97 tib i just did they springs still have stock struts well the rear are fine but the front is where i have my question Is there a difference in which way the front springs should go they looked like they could go anyway what i mean is how do you tell which is the top and bottom of the spring if it matters and if one should go on the left or the right
the reason i ask is becuase after i got done i noticed that the front left sets 1/4-1/2 inch lower then the right front and the rear set the same i noticed this after i hit a little bump and scrap my left tire across the lip of the fender well if you can give me some advice on this it would help and i thank you
one thing i was thinking about doing was replacing the fronts struts and see what that does thanks again (ps i check the distance on a flat surface and i have 17x7 wheels aerospeed riots)

[ April 19, 2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: TowsonShark ]
Old 04-20-2003, 04:04 AM

make sure you can read the eibach lettering right side up when you put them on.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

When you install the springs, make sure the "end" of the spring is sitting in the "end cup" on the spring perch on the bottom perch. If you install the spring with it just 10 degree's out of phase the wrong way, that spring "end" ends up .5" higher than it should be. If you jack the car up, you might be able to "rotate" the spring with everything still installed. Rotate the spring clockwise untill it rests in the end cup.

if both springs are in their end cups...I dunno, there's no reason for one to be higher/lower than the other.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:47 PM

Not trying to hijack his thread but while were on the subject how hard is it to do the install? How long did it take u? And also how hard is it to put the alignment kit on?
Old 04-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

biomknx:
Not trying to hijack his thread but while were on the subject how hard is it to do the install? How long did it take u? And also how hard is it to put the alignment kit on?
THat would be called a hijack. Put your post/question in the proper forum, in it's own thread. off_topi
Old 04-21-2003, 02:02 AM

i dont know what to tell you either. I just installed mine the other day with no problem. The only thing i can think is what random said about the ends being in the lil end cups. My rear passenger wasnt, but we fixed it. Also make sure on the rear that you put the big washer nut on top, not on the bottom. That was another mistake we made with the rear passenger. Other then that i have no clue.. you should be able to read the "eibach" to know if they are in right and the two big springs go up front and the smaller springs go in back. Thats all i know to say.Hope u figure it out..

Later
Old 04-21-2003, 02:36 AM

also...remember that when you install springs, they don't settle to the final drop right away. They settle and might not be settling at the same rate...but most likely they're not in the end cups
Old 04-26-2003, 02:38 AM

well i took them off and put my stock springs back on they springs where installed correctlly the only things that i can think off is one the left spring setled fatser then the right but i thunk if once the right settled it would do the same has the left because i did the captive-to non0captive switch on my 97 tib and i think when you do that is moves the wheel outward just enough that when i lowered the car the upper part of the tire its the highest part of the fender well only when the wheel is truned and i hit a little bump i know it sounds like that would only happen once in a life time but the roads around here are bad so stock springs bac on for now but thanks for the help