HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Cruise control not working

Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Cruise control not working

My cruise control button lilluminates, but the green 'Cruise' word does not appear on my instrument cluster while pressing the cruise control button on the end of the multi function switch on the steering column. So cruise control does not engage entirely at all on the highways.

It does not appear that there are any mechanical problems though. Like, anything out of place.

Where might I find the relay location for this type of problem in the cabin?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Mine will do that sometimes until I give the brake pedal a quick jab. I think the cruise control switch is bad. Don't know if you have one or not though.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Check your driver side brake light. If it's burnt out or if you have led with no load resistor, the cruise control will not function.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

mechanically it used to work, i dont think it snapped or anything, i was in a minor fender bender and a lot of small electrical components malfunctioned on the instrument panel due to the impact(gas indicator light not working or blinking off and on, turning signal switch ticking like a bombs about to go off, and dosen't stop sometimes). which leads me to believe this is just another thing that needs looked at too..

anyone know where the relay is @??