HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

A Couple General Questions

Old 04-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon
Default A Couple General Questions

Whats's up everyone, I have got a couple random questions that have been lurking and I would like answers to.

First up, during stop and go low speed driving my car bucks like a bronco. This is during first gear low rpm driving and as I said usually in heavy traffic. Is this my driving? Upset engine mounts or what? The car is standard transmisson so I thought some of the reason would be because of that, but I think it has gotten progressivly worse as I have owned the car.

Lastly it's spring up here in Canada so that gerneally means snow,rain and plus 10 degree celcius days all in the same week. I have noticed on damp rainy days my fuel mileage drops significantly. But during the clear weather cold or warm it's normal. Again I expect a portion of this to be normal but I think in my case this is excessive. I have a suspect o2 at the moment but is there any thing else that has a hard time in that type of weather? Coil pack maybe?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks all.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon RD2

Mine does the same thing in heavy traffic. I wouldn't say bucking like a bronco though.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM

^^^^ I have never had a ride on a bull haha
Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Bumpity!

Feel free to say im just over analyzing and I should go back to my trig.....
Old 04-19-2011, 07:02 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

instead of letting off the gas in gear, hit the clutch and let it idle...

ill hit the clutch as im letting off the gas just to let it back out to slow for a corner... then bump the throttle and let up off the clutch at the apex...

sorry if that doesnt make since im busy, lmao
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Bad electronics do strange things when it's humid out.

Rough motions of the car could easily enough be engine mounts (roll stops) gone bad.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I had similar issues not too long ago and I replaced both O2 Sensors that had like 100,000 miles on them and what a difference in low end performance that made and I didn't notice the bucking after I replaced them. I also just replaced my plugs that had excessive mileage on them along with oil/pcv/tranny fluid which brought the car back to life at a little under 200,000 miles.

Also try resetting the computer and see if that helps. When your car starts bucking remember to push the clutch in right when you first feel it and re-launch with a higher rpm to get around the issue and you can also try using less throttle when you think it might happen to keep the torque down until you fix the issue.