HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Cable adjustment?

Old 01-15-2003, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cable adjustment?

How do I take up slack in my throttle cable? I'm doing the Tiburon throttle body modification on my 98 Accent, and I've done everything except this. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

there are 2 nuts on the threadded end of the throttle cable. You adjust them back and forth to adjust the slack in the Throttle cable.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:19 AM

Make sure it lines up as well as if it doesnt it will make a grating sound as the cable is pulled sideways a bit when putting your foot on the accelerator. I spaced mine out by substituting the two small bolts holding the braket on with 3x longer bolts and fours nuts and it now lines perfectly. Otherwise you can make a new bracket which is probably better as it wont flex as much but a lot more work. This worked on my 97sohc excel(Australian accent)with a plastic intake manifold. Might be slightly different on different models.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:17 PM

Okay, it's in! I took care of everything, even ran into and solved the problem with the bracket, lol. I love it! It was certainly worth the 40 bucks. Thanks for all of your help! smile.gif