HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

AC wont work

Old 04-10-2003, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon
Default AC wont work

Well I dont know where to post this so,....I have my girlfriends 1997 Elantra, and I took apart the panel to take the radio out and Clean&Check it.

Well I put all the plugs and connections back right and put the control panel back together and I was checking all the buttons to make sure everything worked and I noticed the green light in the AC button was not lighting up. Nor, could I hear the AC kick on and it wasnt blowing cold air, just cool regular.

I checked all the fuses(kick panel & engine bay) is there any other thing I can check so I dont have to pay MEGA bucks for a mechanic or Hyundai dealership to fix it?

By the way I did not see any loose, ripped, or split wires behind the control panel assembly. im_with_

[ April 10, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: KillerShark68 ]
Old 04-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Pull the dash back apart. You'll find you connected the AC wires to the Rear defrost or hazzard switch and vice versa.

Hyundai used the same plugs for many different switches, so it's very easy to cross connect them.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

Your right Random cause when I turn the AC on the Cruise control turns on, but with one is crusie control....oh well I will find out. Thanks