HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

2l beta swap in accent 2004

Old 06-24-2016, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Accent
Default 2l beta swap in accent 2004

Can someone please help me out I would love to beta swap my 2004 accent not too sure on what I'm going to need to do
Old 06-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Beta engine obviously. Not 100% on all these, but possibly engine harness, 2.0 ecu and new engine mounts. I think it will bolt up to the alpha tranny, but again...not sure. Maybe someone else can clarify. If not, then you'll need a 2.0 tranny as well.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: Accent

Thanks . I was just curious about axels and stuff someone mine told me I'd have to replace all of that . And someone also said wiring it would all be different
Old 06-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You can run the Beta on the 1.6l ECU with a couple of minor wiring changes. You'll need a new passenger side engine mount and all of your transmission mounts will need to be slotted to shift the engine towards the driver's side slightly. The engine will mate to the 1.6l transmission and a S-coupe Turbo clutch works. You'll need the driver's side axle from a 2001 Accent 1.6l automatic. Passenger side axle needs to come from a 1998 Elantra 1.8l automatic.

See the Hyundai Hybrids section and specifically Hotblue02's Beta Swap guide and Jsharptooth91's Beta Swap guide.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

There is some power loss; especially below 4.5k rpm with the accent ECM. Not sure if its worth the hassle of swapping the harness. The connection is the same but the pin out is verrryy different. How much power lost? Elantra GLS with the same mods (basic bolt on stuff) give or take a bit as a beta swapped Accent w/ many things removed to save weight. Same trans even; he eventually went with an elantra gearbox. Rolled them in too high a gear to remove any driver being part of the "race"; Accent and Elantra were side by side until they got above 4.5k rpm and the accent finally started to pull away. That is a full interior heavier car with the same engine.. that shouldn't have happened. Someone dyno'd a beta on a 1.6 ecm and saw the drop as well. In an actual race being below 4.5 is not a good idea anyway, but in real world driving you are going to be down a bit.

The accent trans isn't as tough as the beta. I pulled one off that shot the input shaft into the bell housing after the beta swap. That may have been a bit of bad luck as the power difference isn't that drastic.

I would like to see an X3 or LC accent with my Elantra GT's 173hp (stock) 2.0. That would be fun. It does a good job of pulling around the hatch that is a good bit heavier. The 1.6t would also be awesome. Not sure what would be cheaper. I think the 1.6 is more common now that the 2.0 Nu dropped hp for fuel mileage. What would be much cheaper and more powerful if you want to go all in with a new harness; the 2.4 from the sonata - they even came in a 5spd if you can find one. 160ish hp without mods.