Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Will fish oil help?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default Will fish oil help?

My joints have been cracking a lot lately. Particularly my left knee, shoulders, albows, and ankles. None of them really hurt except my left knee when I squat sometimes and dont properly warm up. Anything to be concerned about? I heard fish oil will help this from happening.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I would think glucosamine/chondroitin would be more likely to help your knee that hurts, and that otherwise popping and cracking without pain is probably no large concern. My left ankle pops every time I take a step and has for at least 15 years with no problems.

As for your knee, if it keeps giving you trouble don't let it get too bad. My wife started out with minor discomfort and by the time I got her to go to the doctor she could barely walk. A few weeks in physical therapy and she's as good as new. smile.gif
Old 12-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Doc

Glucosamine + MSM

This would be the best choice for helping osteoarthritic joints.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent

Thank you. i'll go to the drug store and pick some up.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Glucosamine tends to be expensive. I don't know if there's a quality vs. quantity issue here, but WalGreens had two big bottles for like $35 that I bought recently. They were a little chalky, and I don't know if it was the physical therapy or the glucosamine that helped. I didn't take them long term, because I can't stand taking medicine.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Doc

In anything...you get what you pay for. Glucosamine is one of the more expensive supplements at my office and overall should be due to demand and where some places get their sources.

There should be no chalky flavor in any glucosamine supplement, if so then most likely your paying for just that...chalk.