Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Thoughts on Adderall

Old 10-01-2012, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 tiburon fx
Default Thoughts on Adderall

I'm going back to college in January. I'm super nervous about going back to school after not being a student for five years, so I decided to talk to my doctor about getting on an ADD med, just to help me focus because I have a huge problem with that. I was on Ritalin when I was 9 until I was 17, so it was pretty easy to get a prescription, which I was happy about. It's not like I'm trying to take them in some recreational way or as an easy study aid or something. Anybody here take this stuff? Any comments?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Everyone gets nervous on the first day back to school, no matter what age you are. IMO Ritalin is an over-prescribed and over-used drug. You know what cured ADD back in the 40's and 50's?? A ruler across the hands. You'll be fine. Good Luck.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Sign up for a martial-arts class that enforces rigorous mental discipline, which meets at least 1x week. Skip the drugs - including alcohol.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent, 2007 Kia Spectra

Synthetic Meth probably isn't the answer to your problems.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I took adderall for a year in high school and it helped me tremendously. Teachers went from not being able to stand me in their class to praising my good behavior and study habits. Adderall however is meth, and there are a lot of down sides to using it (same as ritilan, which I was also on, which gave me a permanent heart murmur). This is a bigger decision than I would trust to opinionated people on a car forum, talk to your doctor, talk to a therapist, talk to a college counselor. Try to avoid taking it if possible, but not at the expense of your education.