Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Those of you that have desk jobs....

Old 11-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Those of you that have desk jobs....

What kind of things do you do on a daily basis to stay fit and active, when you're working in an office, at a desk for 8 hours a day?

I try to get up at least once every 30-40 minutes to stretch and walk around for a bit, just to keep the blood flow going through out my body. Other than that...not too much more I can do. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

boycott elevators, except if its more then 4 flights up or down. or random walks up the steps for nothing. go to use the bathroom? take the steps to the floor above you. drink lots of water too so that you go more often.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know man, I'm DYING to get out of here. 3 days a week I work in an office for 8 hours doing either whatever I want, or actually getting work done that would otherwise cost them about 4 times what they pay me. Having said that, we have 3 women here out of a staff of maybe 10 people, that are well over 300 lbs. Its just not good for your health unless you spend some time at the gym, or do regular walking or some sport for fun.

Most days you can find candy, doughnuts, or big ass bagels with a tub of cream cheese in the lunch room in the morning. Other times its cake, brownies, random home made junk snacks, etc. I swear they're all trying to kill eachother here, one McDonalds breakfast sandwich at a time. Its exhausting just dodging all the great smelling, obviously artery blocking junk food around here, and then I go home to take care of a one year old, lol. Good thread man, I want some advice myself. My method so far: Drink my coffee black, and eat old fashion oatmeal with dried fruit for breakfast, LeanCuisine for lunch.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I had the same problem. I switched from a very physical job to a job that required 3 hours of commuting combined and sitting at a desk all day. It made it tough to find time for any physical activity on work days considering that 12 hours of my day were spoken for. I think the key is that you have to do enough exercise outside of work to make up for 8-9 hours of sitting.