Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

teeth whitening

Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Accent
Default teeth whitening

Are there any benefits to teeth whitening other than just appearance? I brush my teeth and gargle every day. First thing in the morning and last thing at night. I dont floss every day, but usually at least every 2 days at the longest. This has been my normal routine for years and years. I have only ever had one cavity in my life and it was filled. Otherwise I have excellent oral hygiene. I dont smoke and I drink only one cup of coffee in the morning when I get to work. My teeth are not as white as I wanted. Teeth whitening is around $500 at my dentist office and I have tried the crest white stripes with zero effect. So I'm trying to convince myself to see if spending the $500 is worth it because there are other benefits other than appearance (does it help your gums or teeth in any other way) or if I should live with how my teeth are now and continue to brush every day like I have been in hopes they will eventually get whiter. :unsure:
Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i just had the zoom whitening on my teeth w/ great results.

i did notice a bit of pain going through one particular tooth during the process but nothing that bad-... other's have more complaints.

and i also noticed it made my gums sensitive as hell for the next couple of days but that wears off.

other than having to wear a stupid retainer thing that makes you look like a blow up doll during the 1 hour process it's relatively painless.

quit w/ the coffee though otherwise you'll end up having to shell out another 500 down the road.

overall i'm happy

i think mine was in the 350 price range-... shop around
Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Teeth whitening falls in the same category as hair transplants in my opinion: an expense with mild cosmetic and possibly moderate to strong psychological effects short term, and a low risk of something crazy happening.

If you just can't stand having teeth their natural color, have them whitened. A *good* dentist can hook it up without much pain or nastiness, but be prepared for multiple visits if you don't want to do home treatments. From their perspective: http://www.youngdazzlingsmiles.com/TeethWhitening.aspx