Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

somethin aint right...

Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default somethin aint right...

well i was using a forearm forklift to lift a fridge (largest one LG sells) when i heard a noise from my left forearm
sounded like the noise when you are squeezing putty if that makes any sense

now for the past 15 hours my left forearm feels numb and tingly like its "asleep"

any thoughts?

(this is a forearm forklift)

Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Probably just strained a muscle. As long as you can still move it without any pain, then its probably fine. Just take it easy and dont use it as much. dunno.gif
Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Sounds like you could use some Hydralic fluid, i would hydrate and take a few tyenol and call it a day and see what happens from there!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe LX

ice/heat maybe? nothing feels broken?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ice 1st 24 hours, heat after. IF you can use the arm, meaning range of motion (not strength, which is likely to be off) then you MAY just have smooshed something important a little bit. Put it in a sling if you can, and take plenty of ibuprofen. If it's not feeling better in a couple days, but no later than a couple weeks, time for a dr. visit. If your health insurance or your parents' has a phone # to see if you should go to the emergency room or not, you should call it. If it starts swelling like mad or changes nasty colors, go to the ER.

Could be you smashed a nerve, muscles and blood vessels into pieces, could be you just sprained something. Anything from OTC pain pills to emergency surgery is called for.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM

i think i just injured a nerve

doesnt hurt at all just feels wierd, like "tingley" no swelling, no colors, no bruising i think im cool, cant really wear a sling, i wouldnt be able to do my job. still got a full range of motion and still have all my strength in that arm

maybe its just a sign im getting old lol
Old 10-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

injuring the nerve was probably popping something out of place and now it's putting pressure on the nerve. It's probably directly related to the age of your body and doing an activity that uses joints/muscle combination you aren't used to.