Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Removing grease from fingers

Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Removing grease from fingers

Ok so I do have hand cleaner and one with and without pumice, however trying to clean under the fingernails is not really working and around the fingers are a little dirty.. I'm only asking because I have a little meeting with a female friend tomorrow and I don't want to be UN-presentable.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

First, use hand cleaner BEFORE applying ANY water.

Second, get a fingernail brush (https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=...GIj49QSGtYHwDA)

Third, use a set of nail clippers that has a built in file and use the corner of the file to remove any leftover.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Or go spend $15 and have a professional manicure done if you're really worried about making your hands and fingers look spotless for your date.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Originally Posted by Visionz
Or go spend $15 and have a professional manicure done if you're really worried about making your hands and fingers look spotless for your date.

Don't forget to put on clean panties too.

Dirty hands - it shows you're a hard working man. My wife loves it when I'm all dirty from working on the car. The smell of grease and oil gets her all excited.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Funny you say that... My ex used to hate when I used deodorant before working on a car. She liked when I came in smelling like grease, gasoline and "man".
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Fast Orange.

It gets it out of your skin but nothing will get it out of your fingernails.

As said, make sure to use it on dry skin, Apply soap BEFORE water. It will pull the moisture out of your skin to get the grease out. Works like magic, but it won't work for sh*t if you get your hands wet first.

I took a can of Fast Orange into the shower with me Wednesday night, rubbed that sh*t all over my hands, arms, up to my shoulders, and on my legs. The water was black as it was going down the drain but by the end I looked as pale as the Scottish cracker I am. I think spent 12 hours in a salt water pool the following two days and it's almost completely removed the black around my fingernails. It happens. Oh well.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The guy I trust for tires has some stuff made from walnut shells. No clue what it is, but it's better than any pumice product ever.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Originally Posted by Tibbi
The guy I trust for tires has some stuff made from walnut shells. No clue what it is, but it's better than any pumice product ever.

I worked at a place that used that stuff. It worked great. The orange based stuff will dry out your skin badly if used all the time.

Dawn dish soap and a small brush works well.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

http://www.superkleendirect.com/zep0...ndcleaner.aspx

Removed Aircraft grease like it's just regular dirt, and hands are left feeling clean and smooth! It gets it all, under the nails... everywhere.