Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Question about health insurance...

Old 04-04-2003, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about health insurance...

I am currently without health insurance because I graduated from college in December and I'm still a loser without a real job rolleyes.gif to get health insurance from, so I was wondering where's the best place to look for affordable rates. I'm leaning towards getting just catastrophic insurance. I should do it soon since I play a lot of hockey, work out, and do a bunch of physical activities... I'd hate to pay $10K just for a broken arm. I'm sure many of you are in or have been in my situation. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Spam-mobile

I LIKE TO SPAM!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Health insurance will set you back an arm and a leg. Call a local insurance broker and get a phone quote but don't buy insurance. Save the premiums in a dedicated account and you'll have your $10k broken arm fund built up in a big hurry.

When's the last time you NEEDED medical care? Do you take better care of yourself if you're on the hook for the cost?

In my own case, the last time I NEEDED medical care was half a lifetime ago, and I for dam sho am more careful when I don't have insurance.