Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

One Reason U.S. Healthcare is Currently So Screwed Up

Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If a doctor is smart, they'll be rich and busy, because they're good and charge like they're good. I know a couple of doctors who are recognized as experts in their specialties and people seek them out for their high standards of care . . . and the customers are happy to pay 'out of network' prices.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Tibbi
How does the car your doctor drives affect the cost of heathcare on a national level? If he's smart (and is sounds like that's the case) he'll shop the local markets, charge 20% less and pocket the profit. It's call capitalism. He COULD charge much less and hold that same market presence due to the fact he refuses medicare and medicaid, but with far lower profit. But given the circumstances, that would just be stupid. You pay and chose him. If you think he should drive a Honda civic and make 25k a year talk to him about it on a personal level and find a new doctor to fix the broken nose he'll no doubt give you.

Thank You for reinforcing my point. You said Doctors are forced to take whatever the government gives because if they don't they'll lose all of those patients and go out of business. I said my doc doesn't see any of those patients and he's far from going out of business. You somehow think this means I think he should only make $25k a year? That sound your hearing isn't the ocean, it's your digestive tract. Get your head out of your a*s.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Perhaps yours is doing fine, but on a national level this is far from the mean. The reality is many doctors who refuse medicare and Medicaid are force out of business by these practices. That's not to say all are, there will always be the rare exception. But statistics overwhelmingly show, as does a common sense analysis of the issue, that medicare become more necessary as a person ages. Add to that the rising morbidity tables and the increase in the number of diagnosable issue, it's a self painting portrait. A practitioner that refuses medicare and Medicaid is gambling. In the case you cited he's clearly doing well. That car may look nice and fancy, but in a market like this its also an insurance policy. No matter how bad the market gets, a Ferrari is a rare find. It may depreciate by a large sum, but in the event of cataclysmic market crash, it's still going to good bit of value. For instance, as abundant as they are, the Testarosa (in decent condition) held a minimum of 50% of it's original 1989 asking price even at the lowest point in the recent recession. It can be argued whether this is intentional or not, but the fact remains that few vehicles can claim that.